According to the Holy Quran: (3:96)
It means pilgrimage, or more clearly, the pilgrimage to the Holly house of Allah (Kabba) in Makkah that is. Hajj represents the fifth and the last of the acts of worship imposed by Islam.
According to the Holy Quran: (3:97)
Allah has specified hajj once in a lifetime for those Muslims who are stable of age and able to carry out the journey to Makkah. If one performs hajj more than once, the additional hajj will be regarded as voluntary (nafilah)except the first which is obligatory (fard). However, the additional hajj’s earn the same reward as the first one.
Importance of Hajj comprises a form of worship for a follower with the whole of his life: with his body, mind, and soul, with his time, ownership and momentary sacrifice of all normal luxuries, accessibility and tokens of status and independence.
The pilgrimage is made to the holy House _Kaba, which dates back to the period of prophet Ibrahim(P B U H). Prophet Ibrahim wandered from Syria and settled down here with his wife Hajra (Hagar) and his son Ismail. And then to the holy Quran, he said: (14:37)
Allah commanded Hazrat Ibrahim (peace be upon him) to erect a house of prayer in the sacred place. At there people could gather to worship Allah, glorify His Name, and express gratitude for his blessings and mercies.
The holy Quran reads:
And consider Hazrat Ibrahim (P B U H) and Hazrat Ismail (P B U H) made the foundation of the House (with his supplication): According to the Holy Quran: (2:127-128)
Conditions for Hajj:
1. Having reached middle age
2. Being physically powerful enough to carry out the journey.
3. Being psychologically sane, be safe from the danger of war, civil conflict and virus disease or illness.
4. It is the most important condition for Hajj Being financially assured enough to afford the journey without generating any problems for the family members left behind. the holy prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be with him) said:
The Almighty Allah good and accepts only good(deeds).
5. The pilgrimage should not need other people’s wealth, should not ask anyone for aid or loan to compensate the expenditures of pilgrimage
6. Hajj and Umrah are like Jihad for women in which there is no war. Its condition for Hajj and Umrah are mandatory once in a lifetime.